Deborah Hope Wayne
Deborah Hope Wayne is a collaborative attorney and mediator who dedicates her professional life to helping people resolve conflict without court intervention. Ms. Wayne is also passionate about developing programs to train professionals and students on Collaborative Practice and Mediation. She sits on the Board of Directors of the New York State Council for Divorce Mediation, is a founding member of the Academy of Professional Family Mediators and is a former member of the Board of the New York Association of Collaborative Professionals.
Ms. Wayne co-developed one of the first law school programs on Collaborative Practice in the United States and currently serves as Adjunct Professor of Collaborative Law at Pace University School of Law. Deborah Hope Wayne attended Boston University where she received a Bachelor of Arts cum laude; the University of Grenoble, Grenoble, France; and earned her law degree from Pace University School of Law. She is accredited in Mediation by the New York State Council on Divorce Mediation. Ms. Wayne is also a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™.
Ms. Wayne is an experienced mediator and works as a non-coercive, impartial facilitator to help clients resolve disputes and negotiate agreements as an alternative to litigation. Her training in conflict resolution includes the following areas: special education; parent-teen; victim-offender (restorative justice); and LGBT advocacy. Ms. Wayne is fluent in French and Spanish. Her professional accomplishments also include:
- Member of The International Academy of Collaborative Practitioners.
- Listed on the roster for court referred mediation cases for the Westchester Supreme Court, Westchester County.
- Participant in the 2005 and 2006 Harvard Negotiation Insight Initiative in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Member, Family & Divorce Mediation Council of Greater New York
Ms. Wayne has lectured on collaborative law and conflict resolution at various institutions including St. John’s University and Fordham Law School. She co-developed and participated in the following programs (for more information see lectures and presentations):
- Fear, Revenge & Anger: The Delicate Balance of Mediating Prenups & Postnups
An Intersection of Psychology and Law, Academy of Professional Family Mediators, San Diego, Ca.
- Domestic Violence and Collaborative Practice: the Complexity of Power in Relationships, New Jersey Collaborative Law Group.
- Legal Education and Collaborative Practice, International Academy of Collaborative Practitioners in Minneapolis, MN.
- Collaborative Practice: The What and the How, New Rochelle Bar Association.
- Key Moments in a Collaborative Case: First Contacts with the Client and the Team , Office of Court Administration, New York State.
For more information or to schedule a consultation with Deborah Hope Wayne, please contact her by phone or e-mail.